Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chasing dreams and raising kids

Some days I just want to give up the race and sit back like so many other people do.  But then I realize that God put me on this earth to be more, do more and inspire many.  My purpose is not to suck up resources but to help people reach their highest potential and contribute to the world.  On this journey of chasing my dreams it is hard.  I work a full time job, I have 4 children and a husband.  My consist of getting kids off to school, heading to work my 8+ hours a day, pick up kids, take kids to extra curricula activities, take kids home, cook, try to clean, check homework, make sure baths are had spend time with the hubby and try to squeeze in some writing time to pursue my career goals.  Just writing about it drains my energy. 

With all that is on my plate, I am still optimistic about what God has in store for me. I know that he did not put this deep desire in my soul for no reason at all.  Balancing all of my roles is sometimes hard and all the time a challenge but I am determined to make it work.  The way that I look at it is like this, what God has in store for me is for me and nothing/no one can take that away from me.  When it happens is when it is suppose to happen.  Keeping that in mind gives me the drive to keep pushing forward.  It gets hard everyday though I have no lie to tell.  I find myself having a difficult time focusing at work because my mind is on my career as a writer.  I find myself writing down writing topics, researching those topics and looking into ways to make my career dreams a reality.  I have always wanted to be able to inspire others through my own experiences and I have always wanted to one day have a talk show.  I guess that is why I get in trouble so much for talking at work so much! 

Do I have doubts?  Of course!  I think about all the things that are stacked up against me.  I have a family whom I love and cherish dearly, I am not a spring chicken anymore but I haven't reached the peak either so I am right in the middle of having to make this thing work.  When I start thinking about all of those things I just remind myself that it is not about where your at in life but where you going.  You can't see forward if you keep look back or down at right now.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will reach what my idea of success is I just have to define it first so that I can realize when I've reached it.


I hope that this helps to motivate someone else who maybe having some doubts or struggling with self.  The cliche` is true, you can be and do whatever it is that you set your mind to but you have to know when you've accomplished whatever that is!

Peace, love and success,
Writing Diva

1 comment:

  1. Nicely stated. Working moms are amazing creatures. Unfortunately it takes another working mom to realize it. :).

    ReplyDelete