Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Up late trying to figure out where to go from here

So I recently, like last week, graduated with a graduate degree in creative writing.  Since I can remember I have always loved reading, drawing and creating stories.  At times, stories were all I had to keep me sane.  I started out going to school for TV broadcasting because my ultimate goal was to be the next Oprah Winfrey right.  Well then life happened and I was blessed to have a son right after my first year in college and figured I needed something more practical so I got my BS in Business, blah blah.  Well I decided that if I went back to school, I was going back to pursue something I WANT to do so I took up Creative Writing for my Master's at Full Sail University.  Now I am sitting here in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping seeing as though I have a full-time job to go to in the AM.  and I am wondering, what the hell am I going to do now?  I know I want to write but how am I going to make a living at this? I do a little writing for an online publication, Examiner.com and I have been applying to freelance jobs.  I am looking at myself saying, you're crazy!  But in spite of all of the uncertainties, one thing I am certain of is that I am happy!  I am pursuing something I am passionate about and I am excited.  I pray to God or guidance because lord knows I am flighty!  I know that with faith and hard work, whatever God has in store for me will come to fruition.  I just have to be patient.  Patience is not a strong trait of mines so I know it is going to tough but I am a strong chick! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment